Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Comfort

We have been together for so long,
you and I.

You have been my comfort,
my friend in time of need.

To know you are near
is to know that nothing bad can happen.

You were there for me in the begining,
especially during those long,
never ending nights
of weeping and wailing.

Those moment of pure exhaustion
were finally settled
because of you.

When I was restless
and nothing seemed to soothe,
I would find you,
and sleep would come.

You were there at 3 o'clock in the morning
when my child was rolling over
and unsure of what to do.

When he was hungry,
you kept him content for an hour
and sometimes two.

You were there
to comfort him when he fell.

You were there
when the screaming and tantrums began.

You have always been there.

And now, "They" say
I must send you away.

"They" say
I must break free from you.

What am I to do without you?

How can I get through this time
without you?

What will I do
when he doesn't get his way?

Or when we are out and about
and he can't have a cookie?

I'm not ready to give you up.

To some you are a binkie.
To others a paci.

But to me, you are his tete.



I can't do it. I'm not ready to let you go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...that was FUNNY!!!! Love,
Robyn

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

Funny and sweet! A lady told me when mine still had her pacifier, "They won't go to college with it."

I didn't worry after that.

Skubaliscious said...

That was great...hahaha...
-Jessica

Get the Beauty and the Crazy in your Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner