Thursday, April 3, 2008

1:30 p.m. - The Perfect Hour

It's 3:42 p.m. and I have been all over the Internet for the last few hours.

I have read a few blogs and laughed out loud. I have checked my email...twice. I talked to my husband for about ten minutes. I have "window" shopped everywhere from Bed, Bath and Beyond to piperlime to toysrus. I have rejected two calls from telemarketers. I have accomplished so much of nothing.

It's wonderful.

How have I done all of this, you ask? Let me explain.

Everyday I am allotted a certain amount of time of peace. During this time I do not hear any crying or screaming or roaring (Sammy's likes to pretend he's a lion). I do not hear my name being called over and over and over again until I impatiently yell, "WHAT, I'm right here!" I am not needed to obtain juice, or clean up spills of that juice or wipe up pee because of that juice. I do not have to play along in the precious games of a toddler or watch the same "Curious George" show for the fifteenth time. I do not have to translate every word that is said to me or praise anyone or recognize anthing or discipline.

How is this all possible?

Two beautiful words...NAP TIME.

At 1:30 I am a free woman. I can browse. I can nap. I can watch The E! True Hollywood story. I can clean? Yeah right! The crazy thing is, I can clean if I want to. I can do anything in these few precious hours. No one can take them away.

Wait...Oh no, not yet...nevermind...he's awake.

Until tomorrow then.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

We have that hour too. It helps me rebalance AND blog. Call me sometime!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I LOVE NAP TIME! I can get sooo much accomplished. Half the time I am taking a nap though.
I love your blog site.

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

PREACH IT SISTER!!!!

Is is sad that I look forward to naptime!?

My husband was unexpectedly home yesterday during Bubbalu's naptime, and I was like, "uh, hon, this is MY FREE TIME right now, and um, can you stay out of my way so I can play?".

Naptime = happy Mama

Get the Beauty and the Crazy in your Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner