Saturday, May 24, 2008

Joshua Box - Part II

I am writing about our Joshua Box in honor of this memorial day. A box with items that remind us of where God has brought us, protected us and overwhelmed us wiht mercy, love and grace.

Items - Tags from a mattress and a business card.

One Sunday at Church my husband, being the outgoing and never embarrassed person that he is, was asked to be a part of the illustration in the sermon. Of course he was all for it.

The illustration had to do with how no matter what you do to a hundred dollars, whether you stomp on it or crumble it up, the value will still be a hundred dollars. I can't remember the point exactly, but I do remember my husband on stage jumping up and down on this hundred dollars.

And at the end of the illustration our pastor gave him the money!

That was all fun and great and we were very excited about the extra money! Who wouldn't be.

At the time I was about 8 months pregnant with crazy kid. I had all of my showers where we were so blessed to recieve so much of what we needed and registered for.

The week before we had just purchased the crib and a few of the other necessities that we had not recieved.

When my husband got off the stage I whispered in his ear and said, "Woohoo, this will cover the mattress!"

On our way out of church that day, lots of people came up to us and congratulated him on the money. And as we walked out of the doors, a couple who we had never met before told my husband he did a great job and then asked us what we planned to do with the money. We immediately responded by saying we were going to go to babies r' us and buy that mattress.

The lovely wife said, "Oh don't do that. We have a mattress you can have. We bought one for our granddaughter when she comes to visit, but she actually sleeps with us so why don't you have it."

We were blown away. We had never met these people. They were insistent. The mattress was perfect. A lot better than the one we were planning to buy. And crazy kid has slept on it like a champ ever since.

And as for the business card...

During that time where I was 8 months pregnant, my husband was looking to move into a manager position. There was one opening up about 30 minutes away from us in a new location and we thought that would be great. We weren't sure when that position would open but it was the only one available at the time. We told our small group what we wanted and we prayed that God would open the doors and put him in the right place. However, our small group leader added a simple request that night. He prayed that God would place him where he needed to be and if at all possible, he would place him in the location that was 8 minutes away from our home. That God would give the manager at that location a better job and move him so hubs could be there.

We thought, "That would be nice." But, the reality was that this manager lived a few blocks away, he loved the area and it would be a miracle if he left.

God works miracles.

About a month later, the manager calls my husband and says, "Hey I just took a position in town with another company making more money. My wife and I just purchased a loft that we have been wanting. I wanted to let you know so you can post for my location."

A few weeks after crazy kid was born, he became the manager of the location that was literally 8 minutes away from our home.

We were amazed. Wow God. How much you love and care for us that you bless others in order to bless us. And they have no idea!

To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Get the Beauty and the Crazy in your Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner