Thursday, May 8, 2008

Yea Me!

Ok, today is a proud day.
Today for the first time in like three weeks I was not only a good mama, but a good housewife.


Let me tell you what the last few weeks have looked like...

Crazy kid has a new freedom called a "big boy bed." He is waking up around 2:30 every night wanting to play. (At first we made the mistake of rocking him back to sleep and even laying in bed with him. NOT a good idea.) So, now he wakes up and we immediately put him in bed. It's getting better and I am praying that the "newness" of it all will fade and he will sleep through the night like he use to. To add to the crazy midnight awakenings, he now likes to begin his day at about 6:15 to 6:30. Thank God for DVR because Curious George can come on at any hour!

So, here I am, preggo and nauseated, crazy kid is awake and ready to go, I barely am able to make my hubs breakfast (Before I got pregnant God had convicted me about not taking care of my husbands nutritional needs and so I had been getting up to make him Breakfast every morning, now that there is no excuse for my early rising, I am continuing to do so, another Yea me!) I then make crazy kids breakfast and proceed to lie on the couch for a few more episodes of curious George, some Clifford episodes and sesame street. (Yes I know this is over the two hour limit on TV children should be watching, but I am just going to stop typing because I'm thinking not nice things that include asterisks and exclamation points.)

The sad thing is that during all the TV watching I am in and out of sleep, sometimes even a deep sleep. Bad Mommy.

Eventually I get up and maybe we go out, maybe we play and read, but all I really have been doing is lying on the couch.

As far as cleaning the house goes...if no one is coming over then who cares!


Today there was a change. A movement. A surge of energy.

This morning I woke up at 6:30. I made breakfast and then I laid on the couch for a little bit. But then, I got dressed and began to clean. I swished and swiped with Windex and pledge and fabulouso. I cleaned my kitchen, washed dishes. Clorox ed the sink. Dusted the living room. Vacuumed. Then, I took my kid to the park and played with him in a never ending game of hind and seek. He slid and swung. I conversed with another mommy. We then walked back home and around the block a few times and I talked to him about what he heard and what he could smell.

And when we finally got home, I continued to clean and do laundry!

YEA me!

So now if I can clean my bedroom, get dinner on the table and make a craft with my kid for his grandmothers I will be mommy of the day!

And then tomorrow I'll go back to lying on the couch and TV!


Amanda said...

WOW! Thats is amazing. I am in the middle of my 2nd trimester- and I am just NOW getting that kind of energy. You go girl! My poor kids didnt get out of their jammies for 6 weeks while I was on the couch!

Skubaliscious said...

Awesome day! Way to go! I spent the first trimester doing just what you're doing - dozing on the couch while the girls watched tv. A few weeks of it won't hurt him :)
Boo on the early rising!! The girls keep trying to get up at 7:00 and I keep trying to make them go back to sleep!

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Don't you just LUV those days!? It's like, "hello, I am supermom, don't even TRY to get to me down, cause look at all I've accomplished!"

You GO girl, and don't forget you are growing ANOTHER HUMAN and hours, days, weeks on the couch are sometimes warranted ;)

Chelle said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! Enjoyed reading yours as well :) Hope the nausea is subsiding and you are feeling better. Transitioning to the big bed, the things we have to look forward to in the future! :)

Get the Beauty and the Crazy in your Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner