Monday, April 26, 2010

Sweet Content

Life has been so sweet. It has been full of blessings and promises fulfilled. 


As I mentioned in this post here, I have been trying to not allow the enemy to take this time away from us and despite that we are still fighting against sickness. 


I had a moment or two of weakness this past weekend. And my sweet friend over at "The best is yet to come" reminded me to savor every moment and not keep looking for the better. 


Wow did I have to hear that!


We have a lot of planning going on over here for summer time. 


My husband and I LOVE summer! We are beach people. We like laying by the pool, going to the beach, soaking up the sun, etc. 


Our ideal vacation includes a beach and good tans! 


So we are ready! It was a cold winter and a rainy spring so bring on the sun! 


Anyways, we have a lot of plans for summertime. We are going on a trip to NYC sans children! I am so excited about this, you have no idea! I haven't been to Manhattan since I don't remember when and our trip is booked, musical tickets are ready and woohoo! 


We are also traveling with my family to Alabama for a family trip. I am very excited about this as well. It's going to be lots of fun, on the beach every day! Love it! Plus we will be celebrating my parents 30th wedding anniversary while there so it will be a sweet time with everyone. 


We also are planning a few trips to our local beach and a few to schlitterbaun as well. 


Anyways, with all this planning I suppose I have gotten ahead of myself. I love to plan. I love control over where to go, what to do, etc. I love lists and laying out all we can do! CRAZY! 


This is where my problem lies. Control. When I don't have control. When I can't plan. When I can't make lists I go a little crazy! 


So, this weekend I went a little crazy b/c I could not plan something, I had no control of it and I really had little power over it. 


I knew nothing nor could I do anything! 


This control freak was having issues! 


And then, I realized...this is just another thing that is taking away from my joy. Another things that is distracting me from this sweet, content, peaceful time. 


And it did exactly that. I was totally distracted. I was sad. I was frustrated. I wasn't enjoying anything. 


Last night my little girl was sick with fever. She woke up around 3:30 and I went up to hold her, soothe her and give her some medicine. Every time I tried to put her in her bed she would clench on to me, her little hands would grasp my shirt and her legs tightened up around my waist and she would start to wimper. 


So I held her. 


I was so tired. I was uncomfortable and her fever broke so my shirt was wet from her sweat. 


But as I sat there with her I felt such a peace and joy...total content. 


Yes, she was sick. I hated that. I had no control over her little body. I was tired, but I treasured that hour. I was able to hold and smell her sweet head and stroke her soft hair. She's getting so big I don't get to do that as much anymore. 



Sweet fulfillment. 


And whatever else comes along or doesn't, whatever plans I have, none of it matters; God has better plans and great blessings in store and in the meantime I will wait on Him and enjoy my gifts now!


"Father, I am constantly tested and thank God constantly growing! Thank you that I am not stagnant! Not anymore! Thank you for all you have blessed me with. Thank you for plans, they are good. We are going to have a great summer, we are going to have fun and enjoy this special time in our lives. You are so good! In your precious name, Amen." 

1 comment:

Muthering Heights said...

This is such a sweet post about letting go! :)

Get the Beauty and the Crazy in your Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner