Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Prayer Journey



I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. ~Abraham Lincoln


At the beginning of this year I knew that there were going to be a lot of potential changes and newness occurring in our home. And the Lord put a desire in my heart to really be in prayer over all of these things.

And mostly, to become a woman of prayer. A mother who diligently prays over her children; a wife who diligently prays over her husband. A woman who prays over her home and all who come in it.

And so I have begun this Journey.

Every morning I wake up and lie in bed and I hear my husband taking a shower and getting ready for his day. I pray over his day, his work, for favor and blessings. For health, peace and endurance. I thank the Lord every day for Him.

I pray over my kids. I pray for their relationship together, for the day that is ahead of them. I pray they they will learn many things and be open to new things. I pray for their health and that they will enjoy the time they have as children. I pray that they will grow in His grace and have a desire to Love the Lord and to please Him.

And I pray for myself. I pray for energy to get through the day. I pray that I will be a fun mom today. I pray that I will enjoy my kids and the time I have been given with them. I pray for endurance, health and peace. I pray for time to extend itself so I can do my work and accomplish the things that I need to get done for the day. I pray for patience and love to exude from me and that I will be uplifting, encouraging and sweet to my husband and children.

It's hard being a mom. We really do carry the weight of our world on our shoulders don't we? We tend to be burdened by being a good mom, a fun mom, a good wife, a fun wife, a good keeper of the home. We are burdened by the responsibilities, the fears, the wonders, the what if's, the should we's...The list goes on.

And so, I pray. The Lord is sweet and says in His word, "Cast your burden on me and I will give you rest."

And so I rest in Him and pray and TRUST that He is completing the good work in me and mine.

The power is in prayer. The control that we as women want and desire, we have none but we do have power and that is in prayer. All day long, every day...pray. Without Ceasing.

When you wake up and your husband is snoring next to you...pray over him.

When your kids come in and need owie's kissed...pray over their little bodies.

When your 5 year old comes and cuddles next to you on the couch...pray over his heart.

When you 2 year old comes in and gets frustrated because you have no idea what they want...pray that they will learn to speak sweet, life giving words.

When you are exhausted and just overwhelmed...pray that God will give you the outlook and encouragement to keep going and finish.

"Father I desire to be one who prays without ceasing. I desire for my children to know that they have a mother who diligently prays over them. I desire to have a husband that knows he has a wife that is praying and waiting for him in his sweet, peaceful home. Help me to continue on in this journey and to enjoy this time. In you precious name, Amen."

No comments:

Get the Beauty and the Crazy in your Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner