Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day!

We had a rather uneventful labor day which was good because our weekend was super busy! I am still looking for normalcy and hopefully I will find and rest in it during September! Our calendar is pretty full so I guess we'll see! So anyways...since I really have little to say and even though this is a bit late I am going to do this fun meme about my special "Labor" Day! Go to Rocks in my Dryer for more fun reads.


How long were your labors?

I suppose 10 hours. I had been in the hospital overnight due to slight toxemia which actually wasn't toxemia in the end but either way, crazy was already atleast 8 lbs and timing worked out well. I didn't want a 9 lb baby! So the pitosin began around 5 am, nurses came in and were giving me that stuff every 20 minutes. Nothing. 8 hours later and finally dialated to 2 centimeters they finally broke my water. 2 Hours later I called the doctor in and said I'm done...lets finish this.

How did you know you were in labor?
I wasn't. I had contractions but barely. 1 False alarm a few days before. Apparently all teh TV shows of the past were wrong...they want you like 2 minutes apart not 5!

Where did you deliver?
Hospital.

Drugs?
Yes. HECK yes. Of course I barely dialated but they came in a little after I got around to the 2 and gave me some stuff. The contractions were every minute and at 90% but fortunately I really wasn't hurting. I was more tired and annoyed.

C-section?
As far as I'm concerned that's the best way to do it! C-sections rock. I should make a t-shirt!

Who delivered?
My Doctor. And a few others were in the room. I don't remember much I was pretty drugged!

So that's about it! We'll see how this next one fares... Happy Labor day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would totally buy a "c-sections rock" t-shirt!

Get the Beauty and the Crazy in your Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner