Thursday, September 18, 2008

Faltering

One month ago yesterday my husband's grandfather passed.
Yesterday morning my sweet grandmother passed.
The hurricane hit on Friday and took pieces of our roof with it. My son's room is basically unlivable - carpet is up and damaged, sheet rock is damage, windows and doors are damaged.

My faith has faltered. My strength is gone. I can't find any joy or peace. My trust in God is lacking. I'm tired.

I'm worried about my baby. I pray that atleast God is protecting her so that she won't feel the pain I am feeling.

All I can do is whisper these lyrics in prayer because I am having a hard time with anyother words...

I'm at a loss for words, there's nothing to say
I sit in silence wondering what led me to this place How did my heart become so lifeless and cold Where did the passion go?

When all my efforts seem like chasing wind. I've used up all my strength and there's nothing left to give. I've lost the feeling and I'm down to the core, I can't fake it anymore.

Here I am at the end, I'm in need of resurrection. Only You can take this empty shell and raise it from the dead.

What I've lost to the world, what seems far beyond redemption, You can take the pieces in Your hand and make me whole again, again.

You speak and all creation falls to its knees. You raise Your hand and calm the waves of the raging sea. You have a way of turning winter to spring. Make something beautiful out of all this suffering.

Here I am once again I'm in need of resurrection. Only You can take this empty shell and raise it from the dead. What I've lost to the world what seems far beyond redemption. You can take the pieces in Your hand and make me whole again, again.

You have a way of turning winter to spring Make something beautiful out of all this suffering.

Nicol Sonberg - Ressurection

2 comments:

Skubaliscious said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother.

If there is anything we can do to help (Jer is sort of handy at fixing/building), let me know.

I'm sure you little sweetie inside is blissfully unaware of anything. I had tons of stress while pregnant with Baby J. and she's an amazingly happy little girl.

Eat lots of chocolate - it's good for stress...and I read a study that says it makes for happier babies :)

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

I just started reading blogs again and oh goodness girl! Prayers coming your way...

Get the Beauty and the Crazy in your Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner