Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happenings...

* Last week we had an infestation of fleas! (Full body shiver....and now I'm itching again!) Yeah. Word to the wise...do not miss one dose of flea medication for you dog because it's a nightmare! I swear I had nightmares of giant fleas talking to me and telling me they liked my pillow!  Bleh! Luckily it is all taken care of and we are in the process of buying a new vacuum cleaner b/c ours no longer works.

* Sammy had a fever for about 24hrs. THANK YOU JESUS it did not last any longer. Have I mentioned how sick of being sick we are over here! Of course he is milking it and says he is still "a little sick."

* He's probably just tired because for the last week or so he has been waking up every morning at 6AM! Luckily he only wants his daddy. The good thing is his pull up is still dry by that time so...

*I taught Emma how to say "Fabulous!" Its Awesome! It sounds more like "abuwas!"

* I went to Mardels earlier and bought the new Francine Rivers book! No idea what its about but I am SO super excited. Perfect timing too because I have been ready to read some good fiction! I need to figure out when to start though...maybe this weekend!

* Sammy's last week of school is next week and I am a little sad. He is having so much fun at school and loves it so much. His teachers are jewels and it has been a very good year for him. He has learned so much and has really become so much fun. He is hilarious and always joking and teasing (like his daddy!). But, I am excited about Summer...already started planning!

* Orlando has been sick with major sinus issues all week. Thus, I have not slept much because I can hear him snore, breathe and get up and cough up a lung all night. I am hoping he is at the end of this soon 'cause ya'll I need my rest.

* My house has been clean all week. I am fairly proud of myself for this feat. Let me tell you, I had been really slacking in this department lately. I just couldn't catch up and tackle anything. But after the whole flea issues (yup, itching again) I got it all squared away. And, needless to say. The house has been nice and clean and organized.

* Mothers day was great BTW. I really enjoyed my family time with the ones I love most. Plus (yeah this is sort of the best part b/c ya'll know I can be frivolous like that) I got a GC to a spa day which includes babysitting from my MIL! I really wanted that. Of course, Sammy told me this morning that he was sad about giving me that. He says it wasn't what I really wanted. He said, in a very melancholy voice, "Mom, what you really wanted was a puppy and I'm sorry I didn't get you that."

What a sweet boy...but after the fleas (still itching!) I am all about pampering myself at the spa!

2 comments:

Sissy said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, and for your prayers!

Muthering Heights said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the fleas...we had all sorts of bigs last week too! :(

Get the Beauty and the Crazy in your Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner