Sunday, April 27, 2014

Follow Me



My girls were on the stairs.
In an instant I saw my toddler rolling down. She did a cartwheel like tumble and then rolled onto her back headfirst towards the tile floor.
I screamed.
Her daddy sprang into action and threw himself towards the stairs and, in that same instant caught her head in his hand.
I ran to her and held her as she screamed in fear.

In the corner I saw my 5 year old with her head down.
I hugged her and said, “Sister is ok. I know that was scary.”
“I didn’t know she would fall. I didn’t mean to push her,” the tears began to spill as she confessed her truth and fell into my arms in anguish.

“Why did you push her?”
“I didn’t want her to follow me.”
“You are her big sister; she will always want to follow you.”


In our society, the trend is to follow.
We desire to do what others do. Like what others like. Tweet and retweet.
We follow and are followed.

Jesus doesn’t desire for us to follow like the world follows...
Read the rest of this post at Five minutes for Faith...



You are His beloved, 



2 comments:

renblogger said...

Wow! Heart stopping moment! What a teaser post! Thanks for sharing.

Andrea said...

Hope you went ahead to read the rest! :) Thanks for reading! Have a blessed day!

Get the Beauty and the Crazy in your Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner